Performance Tuning for SAP® Applications
Users are motivated to work, and can work efficiently, if your SAP systems have good response times. A slow system is not unlike downtime, and it causes frustration. Since no absolute standards exist for what defines good performance, Symmetry defines performance in relation to the expected load on the system based on your business requirements.
System performance is relevant to which SAP product you run, any custom configuration in your application, your type of hardware, number of user transactions, and size of database. Good system performance is a prerequisite for the effectiveness of your SAP systems and their acceptance by users. Therefore, regular monitoring and quality assurance testing should be performed for your SAP system.
Symmetry’s Performance Tuning services for both technical tuning and application tuning employ measures ensuring optimal system performance. In addition to analysis strategies and background information, it utilizes the following guidelines for performance optimization:
- Change as much as necessary but as little as possible.
- Never change parameters or take tuning measures without first performing an analysis.
- Verify whether changes made provide desired results.
- Take small steps, not making too many changes at once.
- Understand exceptions to rules through thorough verification of tuning measures.
Benefits of Symmetry’s Performance Tuning services include:
- Increased user productivity and satisfaction
- Reduced downtime
- Proper workload distribution
- Informed decision-making for SAP system extensions
- Efficient hardware resource utilization and allocation